Here’s how we roll…
Each grant cycle includes the following elements:
- Callout for project proposals. CUE facilitators conduct info sessions across the GTA.
- CUE facilitators host drop-in mentorship sessions and work with artists individually to develop strong project proposals, project schedules, and budgets.
- Proposals are reviewed by a peer jury of artists and arts professionals. Results and detailed feedback are provided on every proposal.
- CUE offers mentorship during the production cycle, and works with artists to ensure deadlines are met.
- Completed works are documented and uploaded to CUE’s online gallery.
- Completed works are exhibited in an annual multi-disciplinary group show, Margin of Eras.
- During and after each program cycle, CUE remains available to artists as a resource to help make connections with various future opportunities, lend consultation on external funding proposals, and help artists keep developing their careers and professional capacity.
Through this process, CUE aims to develop a comprehensive artist support program that goes beyond simply writing a cheque.